With incredible geographical variety and friendly nature, Canada attracts millions of tourists each year. The country’s tourism is mostly centered on Canada’s five largest metropolitan areas: Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, Calgary, and Ottawa. These five cities are well known for their culture, diversity, as well as the many national parks and historic sites. In order to visit Canada, most travelers need a valid entry document, such as an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) or a Visitor Visa. Also, to visit Canada, individuals need to meet some basic requirements, such as:
- Have a valid travel document
- Be in good health
- Have no criminal or immigration-related convictions
- Convince an immigration officer that they have strong ties such as a job, home, financial assets or family that will take them back to their home country
- Convince an immigration officer that they will leave Canada at the end of their visit
- Have enough money for your stay
Note 1: In some cases, medical exam and letter of invitation from someone who lives in Canada may be required.
Note 2: United States citizens and travelers with a valid Canadian visa are exempt from obtaining an eTA.