The Start-Up Visa Program grants Canadian Immigration (Permanent Residency) Visa to immigrant entrepreneurs while assisting them to become established in Canada. Successful applicants link with private sector organizations in Canada, where they can receive funding, guidance and expertise in opening and operating their enterprise in Canada. The purpose of this program is to recruit innovative foreign national entrepreneurs who will create new jobs and drive economic growth.
In order to be eligible, applicants for a Start-Up Visa must meet the following requirements:
- Have received a Letter of Support from a government-designated organization;
- Meet minimum language requirements in English or French (CLB 5 in all abilities);
- Have completed at least one year of post-secondary education, during which the applicant was in good standing at their educational institution;
- Have sufficient funds to settle in Canada;
- Plan to settle in a province other than the Province of Quebec; and
- Pass Canadian security and medical clearances.