Canadian citizens or permanent residents from certain provinces or territories may be eligible to sponsor their family members for Canadian permanent residence, under Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) Family Class category. Some PNPs offer Family Sponsorship with less strict eligibility requirements than the Federal Family Class category and, in some cases, faster processing of Canadian immigration applications. In order to be nominated for Canadian immigration under the PNP Family Class category, the sponsor and sponsored person must meet certain eligibility requirements, set by each province or territory.
The following are Provincial Nominee Programs with a Family Class Category:
- Nova Scotia Nominee Program (NSNP)
- Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEIPNP)
- Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP)
- Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program (MPNP)
- Newfoundland And Labrador Provincial Nominee Program (NLPNP)
- Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP)